Own Boat Tuition | Hire your own instructor
We offer 'own-boat' tuition from as little as £152 per day*. Your instructor is an experienced RYA Yachtmaster™ Instructor with Ocean endorsement and carries PI insurance.
Our instructor has 35 years sailing experience & two decades as a professional sailor. He has circumnavigated and skippered Team Garmin and WTC Logistics in the Clipper Round the World Yacht races in 2013/14 and 2019/20, respectively.
This service is one-to-one tuition and should be used as learning support. We are not an RYA Training Centre and do not currently offer RYA courses or issue course completion certificates.
See terms of booking detailed below before booking. Once booked, we will contact you to schedule a convenient time for your coaching session. If you'd rather speak with us first, email us here or call +44 (0) 1905 630170 between 0900 & 1700 hrs UK local time.
For teaching/coaching, we're active in the sea areas Dover, Wight, Portland & Plymouth. We are also available for specific contracts worldwide, including deliveries, ocean crossings and the ARC. Email us for a quote.
Specifically to vessels operating in sea areas: Dover, White, Portland & Plymouth.
Your vessel used must be;
- between 24ft LOA and 80ft LOA.
- be fully seaworthy.
- compliant with MCA/SOLAS regulations for leisure craft & carry a fully serviced liferaft & lifejackets/tethers.
- the vessel must be yours or chartered by you, as skipper.
- the vessel must be fully insured.
- not sell berths to paying crew, unless the vessel complies with the appropriate MCA coding regulations.
- remain in charge of the vessel as skipper for the duration of the charter/use of the vessel.
- Any booking may be cancelled up to 28 full days before 08:00 hrs local time on the day of the booking and the booking fee and all travel charges will be refunded within 7 working days.
- Any booking may be cancelled up to 21 full days before 08:00 hrs local time on the day of the booking and all travel charges plus 66% of the booking fee will be refunded within 7 working days.
- Any booking may be cancelled up to 7 full days before 08:00 hrs local time on the day of the booking and all travel charges plus 33% of the booking fee will be refunded within 7 working days.
- Any booking may be cancelled up until 08:00 hrs local time on the day before the booking and receive a refund equivalent to travel costs charged only. Cancellations thereafter are non-refundable.
*From £152 per day when 5 consecutive weekdays booked.